Monday, January 16, 2012

New drawing

The other day I asked my 6 year old what I should draw, and he was pondering this deeply when my (almost) 3 year old piped up "Me!", my 6 year old instantly joined in: "Yeah, draw us!"

What I had in mind was like... drawing a dinosaur or something, but whatever. I don't draw people that often so it was a nice change of pace, actually.

So I took a couple reference photos and set to work.



I'm not very good at drawing people, and the shadows in the photo were kind of harsher than I had originally anticipated...  that coupled with a touch of laziness and this is the end result:



I was hoping it would turn out better, and it probably would have if I kept trying.  Maybe I'll take another whack at it later, so maybe this one'll just be a WIP.

Maybe I'll take some fresh photos in better light and try again.

But now my husband wants me to draw him as a cartoon... what have a gotten myself into!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment