Saturday, April 2, 2011

Cthulhu, Dragons and a Duck.

Another day, another allotment of art.

I'm striving towards being able to ink properly; and I think today, at least temporarily, I was able to part the clouds and figured out what the hell I was doing:

Cthulhu in the bath

After the epiphany while trying hard not to ruin a perfectly good Cthulhu drawing, I attempted to duplicate the results... with limited success (I should note: Cthulhu was the first of my attempts today, and as far as I'm concerned, the best.)


A Predator, hunting a Rubber duck. This was done per my husbands request, and remains uninked because I just didn't like how it turned out.

This was a conceptual sketch more than anything (what would a dragon look like if it had lion paws?), I don't know why I bothered inking it, especially because now that I am seeing better how incorrectly I inked it, its just bothering me argljklakj.


Typhon
From Wikipedia:
Typhon was described in pseudo-Apollodorus, Bibliotheke, as one of the largest and most fearsome of all creatures. His human upper half reached as high as the stars. His hands reached east and west and had a hundred dragon heads on each. He was feared even by the mighty gods. His bottom half was gigantic viper coils that could reach the top of his head when stretched out and made a hissing noise. His whole body was covered in wings, and fire flashed from his eyes.
I don't think I did him justice, really.

I cant draw human beings (esp. hands and feet) very well, but at least my inking, in my opinion, is on an upwards trend.

So there you have it! Another rousing rendition of "Laura still doesn't think shes very good at this yet (but is going to keep posting this drivel anyway until she's happy)"

No comments:

Post a Comment