Sunday, January 2, 2011

Resolutions

Because all the cool kids are doing it :V

I don't know what to resolve, resolutions seem so hollow (does anyone ever achieve their resolutions? I never have.) I've really been subscribing to the "why put off for tomorrow what you can do today" mantra of living lately, and its been working for me. So I'll resolve to stick to that, start projects I've been putting off (I started a quilting project I've been putting off since last Christmas last night, I don't know why I procrastinated so long now that I've started it) and complete any half-finished projects I started last year and abandoned (that I can remember, I'm sure there are tons I've forgotten).




Maybe if I get a new tablet, I'll start that webcomic this year. Yeah, thats a good one, I'll start my webcomic. I've wanted to do one for years, why bother putting it off any longer? If it flops it flops, at least I'll be able to say I tried. I wanted to launch it in 2010, but my tablet broke the day I was going to start serious work on it so that failed.

I'll dust off my YouTube channel, see if I can think of something productive (or entertainingly unproductive) to do with it.

I'm going to start renovations, start saving up for new appliances, maybe I'll be able to save enough to rebuild the kitchen this year, I want to at very least replace the fridge and stove. They're both over 20 years old and I don't trust them. I'm going to build or buy curtains for all the rooms, some rooms have them that are butt-ugly, others have blinds that are gross and/or inadequate.

I want to lose weight, going by the "why put off... [etc]" mantra I actually started this in November, though I took December off for the holidays (mostly) so that probably reversed it, but whatever, I'll do it, its not that hard.

I want to go east, like, all the way east, and see my friends. Do travel plans count as resolutions? I'll put it here anyway.

Thats all  can think of, really, that I want to 'resolve' to do in this year, so hopefully all will go well and all things will be found achievable.

Good luck on your 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment